What Should I Remodel Before Selling My Home?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, you’re likely no stranger to the term “return on investment.” You probably spend countless hours scouring the internet to try to determine the best use of your dollars and cents in a home remodel. At Mueller Remodeling, we’ve been around the block enough times to be able to answer that question definitively: kitchen and bath remodeling. Many home buyers agree that these are the most important parts of a home—an outdated kitchen or bath can make or break a successful sale of your home.
We spend so much of our lives in the kitchen. From whipping up a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs for a weeknight dinner to crowding around the kitchen island over a bowl of guacamole, the kitchen is truly the heart of the home—and home buyers know it. During your kitchen remodel, make sure to put a big focus on the things that matter, such as:
- Countertops – Top-quality countertops are trending right now—in fact, it seems they’ve always been trending. Their timeless importance is a testament to how much they matter to home buyers, so don’t cut corners. Opt for a premium surface material if possible.
- Cabinets – Cabinets are super visible in the kitchen, which makes them an essential consideration for any kitchen remodel. Stick to neutral colors to appeal to a wider variety of tastes, and don’t forget that cabinet refacing can work wonders if the boxes are still in good shape.
- Details like fixtures and hardware – Countertops and cabinets lay the foundation of a great kitchen remodel, but it’s important to remember the details, too. Little things like modern hardware, interesting fixtures, and an upgraded kitchen faucet can go a long way.
We also spend plenty of time in our bathrooms, from soaking in the tub after a long day to prepping for the day ahead in the morning. That’s why it’s essential to get this remodel right. Home buyers want to see a focus on:
- The shower – If your home’s bathroom currently features a plastic shower, it’s time to upgrade. Tile is a great choice, and nothing’s better than white marble!
- The toilet and sink – It’s important to remodel your bathroom so that it’s as modern as possible, and upgrading the toilet is a perfect opportunity to do so. Make sure the sink and vanity are new and feature a premium surface material, if possible.
- Mirrors and fixtures – Like hardware in a kitchen, your bathroom mirrors and fixtures make up those important details that can take your remodel to the next level.
Design Build Contractors for Your Remodel
You’ve read up on the importance of kitchen and bath remodeling for getting the highest resale price possible for your home. Are you ready to put your new knowledge into action? If so, get in touch with us at Mueller Remodeling. We’re the home improvement partners to call when it comes to remodeling homes for resale!